Labels are simple notes with a single line of text that may be positioned on a layout wherever the user desires. Labels are the base note type. All other note types derive from labels.
All notes may be moved anywhere on the layout they inhabit.
- Naming. The note may be renamed by replacing the text at the top with the desired title (i.e., in this example “This is a Label”)
- Bring To Front. Selecting this brings this note in front of any others.
- Read Only. If set, the note cannot be edited directly (this will apply to other types of notes, such as Text and Tables).
- Appearance. Various appearances exist. Existing appearances may be modified and new appearances created by using TOOLS|OPTIONS.
- Docking. User may choose where on the screen the note is “docked”.
- Lock. If set the note cannot be moved.
- Folder. If any PANEL notes are on the layout, a note can be moved to that panel through this option. Notes can also be moved OUT of panel in the same way.
- Copy Note. Once selected the user can press the Paste note button to paste the copied note, as shown in the next picture.
- Properties. This is for advanced users, but allows editing of all core properties to do with the note.