This page contains information for those wishing to work with the YourOtherMind depot on Github.
YourOtherMind is a writing environment consisting of the following components:
- Layouts are stored inside SqLite tables for a compact, portable, database.
- Notes inside a Layout are represented by an array of objects serialized as XML (a field in the row for each database). This xml format makes it easy for developers to add new fields to notes and new note types.
- Netsparkle is used for updating the deployed application with Inno Setup used for building the setup and update packages.
- Managed Extensibility Framework is used for AddIns.
- Uses GetText for Translation
- Transaction System
|How To Compile
– Instructions coming once the code is available
YourOtherMind AddIns can bring the following types of functionality into the main application.
- NoteTypes – May add new Note Types (must also be able to remove the registered notetype if the Addin is removed)
- One-off – No interaction addin, like memory tracker
- Receive Information – Takes existing information and does something with it.
- Receive Information and Return It – an example of this would be the Word Lookup addin, that looks for synonyms and definitions and allows a new word to be selected to replace the one being viewed
These pages provide more specific informatino about Addins.
- How to Add an AddIn to YourOtherMind
- Adding New Note Types
YourOtherMind 2013 is released under the following license:
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy
of this software and associated documentation files (the “Software”), to deal
in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights
to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell
copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is
furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in
all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED “AS IS”, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY,
FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE
AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER
LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM,
OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN
Return to Main YourOtherMind Page or the YourOtherMind page on Github
[…] have been made to the main development page with a better overview of the components used to construct […]