- Spellchecking (multiple language support)
- Find-Search system vastly improved, including support for a user modified “badly used phrase” system (you can search for phrases you commonly use incorrectly or too much).
- Screen Capture Tool incorporated onto StickIt pages – easily capture anything you see and add it instantly to a StickIt page
- Key Responsiveness - previously formatting like Ctrl+B was a little inconsistent due to slow key response; that has been fixed.
Features Planned for this Release
- Full-Screen Text Editor
- IdeaFlow. New brainstorming feature
- Storyboards (a new mini-note type for StickIt pages): These allow note-scenes to be grouped into categories (such a chapters) in a treeview-like manner.
Features new for 8.2
- Version System
- The Writer’s Organizer Has A New Name
- StickIt – Screen Capture
- Send Away
- Run YourOtherMind from a USB drive
- Run as Batch File
- Random Sentences
- Random Names
- Line by Line Proofreading
- Fullscreen Writing Mode
- Dual Monitors
- Distraction Mode
- Deadlines and Reading Periods
- Adding a Link to the Dashboard
– text notes will now also appear in the Preview view on a Storyboard (this used to only display images)
– Removed some references to YourOtherMind’s old name – Keeper
– Added scrollbar to some panels on Dashboard so they resize better on small screens
– Added a storyboard to the ‘Write a Story’ wizard
– Removed a crash when using an apostophe when filtering links on StickIt pages
– Reformatted Deadlines on Dashboard
– simplified the way spelling feedback and grammar feedback appears (the window could disapear previously on certain configurations)
– corrected some wrong instructions on using StickItPages
– font button added back to main format bar
– Button added on details tab page to allow quick jumping to a web page for a market
– Added cursor to cover any longer loads on Dashboard
– F11 now toggles full-screen mode (if on a valid note)
– fixed an issue with the Market Picker not working correctly with StickIt notes
– fixed an issue with updating response times for new story markets
– fixed an issue with current page # not updating (edit bar)
– removed black-theme from editbar in favor of something easier to read until more situations
What would you like to see in version 8.2 or later?
Contact us or add comments directly to this page.